Vitamin C, or L-ascorbic acid to give it its technical name, is a powerful antioxidant that helps to neutralise free radical damage to your skin. It has many many benefits and has been hailed as a something of a wonder ingredient. In this post, we'll answer some common questions about vitamin C serum, and share why it should be a part of your skincare routine every day.
What is vitamin C serum?
Serums with vitamin C, such as the SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic, provide a powerful boost to skin health. They contain pure vitamin C, as L-ascorbic acid, which helps to neutralise the harm caused to skin by free radicals.
Free radicals are unstable atoms that are caused by pollutants such as UV rays, smoking, and pollutants in the air. They are unstable, which means that they can cause damage to layers of our skin, resulting in sagging, wrinkles, a dull complexion, and dark spots.
Why is vitamin C serum so good for you? What are the benefits of using a vitamin C serum?
Vitamin C serums offer a range of benefits for the skin, including:
- brighter looking skin
- protection against environmental damage
- reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- fewer and less visible dark spots
- tighter and firmer feeling skin
How do I use a vitamin C serum?
All of the SkinCeuticals vitamin C serums are easy to use as part of your normal routine. Simply cleanse your face using your usual product, and apply the serum to your face, neck, and upper chest. Gently rub it in using your fingertips until it is fully absorbed.
How much should I use?
You'll only need to use around 4-5 drops of your selected serum to see amazing results. This makes it cost effective, as well as being super effective for your skin, because a bottle will last you for a long time.
Should I use moisturiser as well as a vitamin C serum?
Yes. Apply the serum first and let it dry completely before you apply moisturiser.
Is it OK for me to use a vitamin C serum if I have sensitive skin?
It certainly is; vitamin C serum is suitable for all skin types. SkinCeuticals has a complete range developed with powerful ingredients and each one is best for a specific skin type (more detail on this below).
How do I choose the right serum for me?
There are three vitamin C serums from SkinCeuticals. Each one contains concentrated L-ascorbic acid, in a formulation with other powerful skincare protecting and nourishing ingredients:
- Silymarin CF: This serum has been specially developed for oily and combination skin which combats signs of ageing and excess oil.
- C E Ferulic: The signature SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum is specially made for mature skin and delivers vitamin C, along with vitamin E, and Ferulic acid, both of which are powerful antioxidants.
- Phloretin CF: Phloretin CF is another triple antioxidant serum, like CF Ferulic. It provides advanced skin protection and fights signs of ageing including wrinkles.
You can discover more about the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum here on our site, in addition to the vitamin C range.