Combination skin is skin that exhibits both dry and oily patches. Commonly, this refers to an excess of oil in the T-zone (the T-shaped area formed by your brow and nose) and dryness on the cheeks. Combination skin is one of the most common skin types around. It's also one of the most difficult to care for, as you need products that both moisturise your dry skin but don't add extra oil or shine.
Signs of combination skin
If you're not sure if you have combination skin, look out for these common signs:
- Blackheads, whiteheads, and larger pores in your T-zone: Oil (sebum) is produced by the skin's sebaceous glands just below the surface. When pores produce too much sebum, they can become clogged with dead skin cells. This causes your pores to look larger and can cause breakouts of blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples.
- Shiny skin: If you have combination skin, you will probably experience a shiny-looking complexion on parts of your face. In most cases, this is the forehead, but it could also involve the chin and nose.
- Dry patches: In addition to excess oil, combination skin is likely to experience dry patches on the cheeks.
What causes combination skin?
There is no single clear cause of combination skin, but various factors can contribute to it, including hormones, genetics, and diet.
What are the Best products for combination skin?
SkinCeuticals are skin saviours when it comes to combination skincare and offer a range of products dedicated to eradicating shine and nourishing dry patches. These are some of our top picks for the best combination skin products:
- The SkinCeuticals Blemish and Age Gel Cleanser is perfect for oily and blemish-prone skin. It contains powerful cleaning agents, including Salicylic and Glycolic acid, but is gentle enough to be used every day. It helps to not only brighten skin complexion but also exfoliate the skin's surface and remove excess sebum and make-up.
- One of the most important aspects of combination skincare is to use really powerful protection against natural aggressors, including the sun, cold, and wind. The SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF antioxidant gel uses an innovative mixture of L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), ferulic acid and phloretin to provide groundbreaking protection for the skin. It has a light texture that can be used every day after cleansing, on the face, neck, and chest. It helps to refine skin tone and make your complexion brighter and healthier.
- SkinCeuticals Sheer Mineral UV Defense is an ideal complement to their Phloretin CF gel. It is made with 100% mineral filters and gives skin ultra-high levels of UVB and UVA protection against the sun's rays. It has a lightweight, silky texture which can be easily absorbed and dries quickly. It's perfect for oily skin and will help to control excess sebum, making the skin appear smoother and more even.
- To give combination skin a treat, use a Clarifying clay masque once a week to deeply cleanse pores. This masque contains a mixture of natural clays and soothing botanicals to lift dirt and impurities and calm the skin, leaving it looking radiant and healthy.
Please explore the Flawless Body website to discover the complete SkinCeuticals range of combination skin products.