As the nights draw in and the weather turns chillier, it's more important than ever to make sure that your skin is properly protected. Cold breezes, indoor heating, and lower humidity levels in the atmosphere can all combine to make your skin feel dehydrated and flaky and leave it vulnerable to damage. To help your skin look and feel its best this winter, SkinCeuticals has you covered, with their Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier Serum, a perfect winter moisturiser for every skin type.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is naturally produced by the body and is most commonly found in the skin, connective tissues, and joints. Its purpose is to keep our bodies lubricated so that our joints, skin, and muscles stay supple and flexible, reducing damage when we move and helping our bodies repair any damage. The level of hyaluronic acid in our skin can be impacted by pollutants such as UV radiation and tobacco smoke, so to maximise your skin's health, applying hyaluronic acid to your skin is a great way to keep it healthy.
The SkinCeuticals Hyaluronic acid intensifier serum is formulated with a high level of hyaluronic acid, together with other powerful natural ingredients which have a range of benefits for the skin.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
- Moisturising the skin: Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1000x its weight in water. This means that it's capable of holding water molecules close to the surface of the skin, helping it to stay plump and healthy and slowing the rate of evaporation from the skin's surface. It also helps to protect the skin's surface from damage and increases skin elasticity.
- Speeding up wound healing: Hyaluronic acid can also increase the rate at which skin heals by reducing inflammation and directing blood vessels to the wound area. This makes it especially good at supporting damaged skin and reducing redness and discomfort caused by eczema and acne.
- Improving the appearance of wrinkles: Hyaluronic acid's powerful moisturising properties deliver intense hydration, improving the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
When it comes to choosing the right kind of winter moisturiser with hyaluronic acid, not just any product will do. With over thirty years of research, SkinCeuticals are world leaders in the field of skincare, and it's easy to see why. All of their products are specially formulated with powerful cosmeceutical ingredients which work together to create powerful results.
How to use Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier Serum
This SkinCeuticals Serum can be easily incorporated into every skincare routine. In order to see the most beneficial results, it should be used every day, especially as the colder season arrives:
- After cleansing, apply between four and six drops of serum onto the palm of your hand.
- Gently massage the serum into the forehead, chin, cheeks, and neck, making sure that it's completely absorbed.
- If using alongside other products, such as vitamin C antioxidant serum or a retinol-containing cream, apply after using these.
- If using in the morning, apply sunscreen afterwards as part of your normal skincare routine and you'll be ready to head out into the world with fresh, glowing and protected skin.
You can have a look at this SkinCeuticals serum and discover the entire SkinCeuticals range here at the Flawless Body shop to find your perfect skincare partner.